Appointments: New appointments, appointment change, and re-appointments for faculty, students, staff*
*If applicable, please be sure to request a Criminal Background Check (CBC) from your respective Business Center Specialist via email before submitting the appointment request.
In the email please include the following:
- Full Name, Email, Empl ID (600# or *800#) if applicable, Expected Start Date, Department, Position Title, Job Opening ID if applicable & Cost Center
- Please be aware the cost center/grant must have an A400 or G6140 associated to it.
Authorization for Personal Services (APS) : Authorization to engage and pay for professional services, contracted services, guest lecturers , and other temporary services. May not be used for current employees.
Reclassification of Expenditures : Move an expenditure from one account to another or make a correction within the same account
Reimbursements/Payments : Personal/travel reimbursements or direct vendor payments, uploaded into one file.
Please note all travel related reimbursements will require the following:
- Travel Reimbursement Worksheet
- Must show payment method
- Place in order of Travel Reimbursement Worksheet
- Approved Travel Authorization from PeopleSoft
- Approved Travel Request
- GSA Per Diem Rates
- Flight Itinerary (provided by Anthony Travel)
- E Invoice (provided by Anthony Travel)
- XE Travel Expense Calculator (if applicable)
Student Notices of Award : Student support (stipend) as tuition, scholarships, or participant support.
Please note for Participant Expenses funded from a Grant:
- Student must be set up as a vendor before payment can be issued
- Please submit the Supplier Information Form
Transfer of Funds : Move funds within an account between budget categories (usually grant accounts); or move funds between different accounts (must be of the same type -14, 19, 30)
Useful UTEP Forms & Resources
Each form below can be found under its respective department in the Forms Mine .
*Please send these forms to the Business Center before submitting to any central office on campus
- Accounts Payable Forms
- Mileage Reimbursement Log*
- Student Payee Information Form*
- Supplier Information Form
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
- Human Resources Forms
- New Employee Information Sheet
- Payroll Forms
- Casual Labor/ Hourly/ Work Study Time Record*
- Travel Forms
- Office/Misc. Forms
- Purchase Requisition*
The Business Center in the College of Health Sciences is here to facilitate the processing of requisitions, appointments, timesheet entries, travel authorizations, reimbursements and vendor payments, etc. The Business Center will also be responsible for reconciling all departmental accounts within the college and will provide the cost center approvers and Principle Investigators (PIs) with monthly reconciliation summaries and certifications.
Who is my Business Center Specialist?
Aracelli “Blanca” Dyer
|Department of Public Health
Center for Interdisciplinary Health Research and Evaluation (CIHRE)
Joseph A. Nava
Clinical Laboratory Science