Student Support Center
The CHS Student Support Center staff continues to be available to serve and assist you, remotely, while the City of El Paso shelter-in-place ordinance is in place to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus. All COVID-19 updates can be found at www.utep.edu/coronavirus .
Please visit our Remote Advising Page https://www.utep.edu/chs/ssc/students/remote-advising.html for guidance on how the CHS Student Support Center staff can assist you during this time. Advising, registration, applying for graduation, signing forms, course substitutions, change of majors, reinstatements, and many more services are provided remotely. If you have any questions or need to reach us, please email email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you!.
Welcome to the Student Support Center – UTEP's College of Health Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office!
The Student Support Center (SSC) is dedicated to providing a quality advising experience. This website is intended to act as a supplement to the advising services offered to College of Health Sciences (CHS) students. It aims to provide students with the tools and resources needed to make the best academic decisions possible!
The SSC Staff assists CHS Students with the following:
- Academic Advising
- Changing Majors
- Applying for Graduation
- Improving Academic Performance
- Understanding Degree Plans and Course Requirements
- Answering General Questions about CHS and UTEP Policy
How We Can Help You:
- General Questions: Our hours are 8-12 & 1-5, Monday-Friday. Stop in HSSN Room 200 or call 915-747-7234 during these times to speak with our front desk for help with general topics, including:
- Exploring Health Science Majors
- Questions about academic policies & requirements
- Referrals to UTEP Departments and Programs
- Walk-In Advising: You can speak to an academic advisor during our walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis. Please view the Walk-In Calendar for availability. Walk-ins are best for:
- Quick ideas (5-10 min.) you want to discuss with an advisor
- Addressing difficulty with a class
- Course Drops
- Consortium Agreements
- Schedule an Appointment: Appointments with an academic advisor can be scheduled by calling 915-747-7234. Appointments are required for the following areas:
- Changing Majors into a CHS Major
- Academic Probation, Suspension and Reinstatement
- New 2nd Bachelor's Degree Students
- Assistance with the ROTC 104-R form
- Study Abroad Paperwork
- Most Financial Aid Forms that need Advisor's Signature (i.e. Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Email us: The SSC Staff checks our firstname.lastname@example.org email regularly during business hours. Make sure to include your UTEP ID number, and email us from your miners.utep.edu email to ensure we can respond with detailed information. Please allow 24 business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM) for a response. Email is ideal for:
- General questions about your degree requirements
- Requests to change a minor
- Paperwork requests (i.e. signed degree plans for the Military Student Success Center or professional program application)
- Verifying coursework
- Determining equivalent coursework at another institution
- Anything you aren't sure about!
We look forward to assisting you!