Student Support Center
Welcome to the Student Support Center – UTEP's College of Health Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office!
The Student Support Center (SSC) is dedicated to providing a quality advising experience. This website is intended to act as a supplement to the advising services offered to College of Health Sciences (CHS) students. It aims to provide students with the tools and resources needed to make the best academic decisions possible!
The SSC Staff assists CHS Students with the following:
- Academic Advising
- Changing Majors
- Applying for Graduation
- Improving Academic Performance
- Understanding Degree Plans and Course Requirements
- Answering General Questions about CHS and UTEP Policy
How We Can Help You:
- General Questions: Our hours are 8-12 & 1-5, Monday-Friday. Stop in HSSN Room 200 or call 915-747-7234 during these times to speak with a student representative for help with general topics, including:
- Exploring Health Science Majors
- Questions about academic policies & requirements
- Referrals to UTEP Departments and Programs
- Walk-In Advising: You can speak to an academic advisor during our walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis. Please view the Walk-In Calendar for availability. Walk-ins are best for:
- Quick ideas (5-10 min.) you want to discuss with an advisor
- Addressing difficulty with a class
- Course Drops
- Consortium Agreements
- Schedule an Appointment: Appointments with an academic advisor can be scheduled by calling 915-747-7234. Appointments are required for the following areas:
- Changing Majors into a CHS Major
- Academic Probation, Suspension and Reinstatement
- New 2nd Bachelor's Degree Students
- Assistance with the ROTC 104-R form
- Email us: The SSC Staff checks our email@example.com email regularly. Make sure to include your UTEP ID number, and email us from your miners.utep.edu email to ensure we can respond with detailed information. Email is ideal for:
- General questions about your degree requirements
- Requests to change a minor
- Paperwork requests (i.e. signed degree plans) - provide 24 hours turnaround
- Verifying coursework
- Determining equivalent coursework at another institution
- Anything you aren't sure about!
We look forward to assisting you!