Transferring to UTEP and to the College of Health Sciences
In order to transfer to UTEP you must:
- To Apply to UTEP please visit them online at www.utep.edu/admit. All applications are received electronically. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Submit transcripts from each of your previous institutions to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Attend a Transfer Orientation run by the Office of New Student Orientation (915-747-6752; ( www.utep.edu/orientation ). You can contact the Office of New Student Orientation for information on orientation dates and content.
Transferring from one school to another can be tricky, and that's why the Student Support Center Academic Advisors have the following recommendations regarding transferring in to UTEP.
- You should begin the advising process early to ensure that you are ready to be advised by the time registration begins each semester. Registration begins in late October for Spring and in late March for Summer and Fall. It takes time for admissions paperwork to be processed and for transcripts to be evaluated so it is recommended that you start the transfer process at least two full semesters before your desired start date at UTEP.
- Transcript evaluation is vital to the transfer process. Without evaluated transcripts you cannot be advised for courses at UTEP and thus will be unable to successfully transfer. Therefore, your priority is to make sure that all of your transcripts have been sent to UTEP and evaluated.
- As soon as your transcripts are evaluated you are ready to be advised by an Academic Advisor. They will be able to give you information on your desired major, answer any questions you may have, and advise you academically.