Getting Advised for Spring 2024
Advising for Spring 2024 classes begins in October 2023. The schedule of classes for spring semester can be accessed through goldmine or this link starting October 2. Senior registration starts October 23.
- All CHS Students have an Advising Hold that must be lifted before they can register.
- CHS Students who have less than 46 cumulative posted credits are advised by the Academic Advising Center - call them at 915-747-5290 to set up an advising appointment.
- CHS Students who have 46+ cumulative credits who are enrolled for Fall 2023 will receive an email from their advisor on October 2 detailing the advising process for spring courses. The first part of the advising process is 100% online. Once this first part is completed and your holds are lifted, you can meet with your advisor for more in-depth discussion if needed.
- Students in the professional program sequences in Clinical Lab Sciences and Social Work will complete their advising process during a scheduled cohort session and will not be sent the pre-advising email.
- Students who have applied for Fall 2023 graduation will not be sent the advising email on October 2. Students graduating in Fall 2023 who wish to continue taking classes at UTEP should email their advisor (list below).
- If you are not enrolled at UTEP in Fall 2023, or if you are enrolled and did not receive the email sent on October 2, please email your advisor:
- Advisors are assigned based on first letter of student last name:
Advising Process for CHS majors with 46+ credits:
- Complete the Pre-Advising Survey (link in email that will be sent on October 2)
- This semester, you will be given the option to meet with your advisor before continuing the advising process. If you choose this option, once you've met with your advisor, the process will continue with #2 below.
- Receive the email with advising instructions and an updated copy of your degree plan.
- Watch the module for your major (link in email).
- Complete the Advising Agreement (link in email).
- Receive confirmation email after Advising Agreement is completed. Your advising hold will be lifted within 24 business hours (Monday-Friday).
- If you have further questions, email your advisor after you have completed the Advising Agreement. Please watch the module and complete the Advising Agreement before contacting your advisor -- most questions will be answered in the module and Advising Agreement.
- Registration Dates, Instructions, and Deadlines: https://www.utep.edu/student-affairs/registrar/students/registration.html
- More information about advising is on our Advising 101 Page.
If you have questions or need further information, you may email your advisor or contact the SSC at email@example.com or call 915-747-7234.