Frequently Asked Questions
- University of Texas at El Paso, position title and department
- Description of UTEP and/or El Paso
- Position description
- Required qualifications
- Application instructions
- Application review date and/or Deadline
- UTEP’s EEO Statement and Diversity Statement
The Search Committee should consist of faculty/individuals from various areas, departments or divisions, and levels within the University and/or the El Paso Community, which should include women and minorities. The make-up and amount of committee members is determined and/or appointed by the Dean and/or Department Chair.
Prior to the Search Committee evaluating applications, the Search Committee should discuss and disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest. Best practice; when in doubt, disclose upfront. If the Search Committee has questions or needs assistance/guidance, please contact the EO Office.
- After the initial applicant screening (to those candidates who don’t meet the minimum required qualifications of the position);
- Once the short list has been determined;
- Once the campus interview list has been determined;
- Once the outcome of the search is certain (i.e. candidate accepts, or search is closed without being filled).