Blackboard Ally is a tool designed to help improve the accessibility of your course. Ally promotes awareness of digital course content accessibility and provides easy to follow instructions for remediation of "low-scoring content".
How It Works
- Blackboard will show you how accessible your course is with an indicator.
- Blackboard will try to fix it for you, or guide you through a step-by-step process.
- Students will not see the indicators but will have access to alternative accessible formats.
MS Teams and Zoom
MS Teams and Zoom are real-time video conferencing tools that let you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact. Here is a list of recommended equipment to use when utilizing this powerful tool.
- Headphones: Preferred over external speakers to avoid audio feedback being picked up by the mic
- Microphone: A webcam microphone will work, but often a separate mic positioned closer to the mouth picks up less background noise
- Webcam: For transmitting live video of the session to your participant(s)
- Video camera: For transmitting live video of a procedure or demonstration
Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow the Synchronous Session Etiquette guidelines when joining a synchronous session.
Learn how to Record Video Lectures using Zoom.
Zoom stops recording your session if all attendees leave the main room to join breakout groups. You can start your recording again from the Session Menu when one or more attendees return to the main room.