Blackboard Ally is a tool designed to help improve the accessibility of your course. Ally promotes awareness of digital course content accessibility and provides easy to follow instructions for remediation of "low-scoring content".
How It Works
- Blackboard will show you how accessible your course is with an indicator.
- Blackboard will try to fix it for you, or guide you through a step-by-step process.
- Students will not see the indicators, but will have access to alternative accessible formats.
Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing solution that has multiple features including audio, video, instant messaging, interactive whiteboard, application sharing, file transfer, and session recording/playback with synchronized audio/chat/notes. Here is a list of recommended equipment to use when utilizing Blackboard Collaborate.
- Headphones: Preferred over external speakers to avoid audio feedback being picked up by the mic
- Microphone: A webcam microphone will work, but often a separate mic positioned closer to the mouth picks up less background noise
- Webcam: For transmitting live video of the session to your participant(s)
- Video camera: For transmitting live video of a procedure or demonstration
- Blackboard Collaborate Launcher for Mac users (PDF): Learn more about why you need the launcher here.