Creating Question Sets for Assessments
A question set is a collection of questions drawn from selected tests and pools.
In the Original Course View, you can use question sets when you create tests. You choose how many questions you want in the set. The questions are randomly chosen each time a student takes the test. Question selection uses the same workflow as the find questions workflow, where you can use search and browse by metadata.
You can include multiple question sets in a test. For each question set, you can specify these:
- The pools and tests that the question set will draw from
- The type of questions to draw from
- The number of questions to draw from
Create Question Sets
If enabled, be sure to disable the pop-up blocker for Blackboard Learn so that you can access the Create Question Set pop-up window.
1. Access the test. From the Reuse Question menu, select Create Question Set.
2. In the pop-up window, search for questions in the Browse Criteria panel. Expand the criteria sections and select specific criteria. You can search within pools, tests, question types, categories, topics, levels of difficulty, and keywords. All questions meeting those criteria appear. You can also use the Search current results box to type a phrase, word, or part of a word to find matching questions.
3. Select the check boxes for the questions you want to add. The questions appear in the Selected Questions area at the bottom of the screen. You can expand the area to view your list of questions. Select the red X next to a question to remove it. The question is removed from the collection, but not deleted from your course.
4. Select Submit. The questions are added to the question set on the Test Canvas.