Archiving Your Course Content and Student Information
Packages and Utilities
- In the Control Panel, click on the Packages and Utilities link
- In the expanded menu area, select and click on the Export/Archive Course link.
- Export – selecting Export creates a package that can be imported into the same course or a different course
- Click on the Archive button – selecting Archive creates a permanent record, including all content and user interactions up to the point of the time the Archive is created
- Export Common Cartridge – selecting the Export Common Cartridge creates an export that can be uploaded into other learning management systems
- The next screen will be the Archive Course selection screen and the Source Course ID is the full course ID.
- To include all the student data/information inside Grade Center, check box to Include the Grade Center History. Please be aware this will increase the zipped file size and increase the time to process the request.
- Optional File attachments – calculate size option will allow you to check your file size once you have selected package contents. Optional Manage Package Contents option will allow you to remove files from your Archive.
- When finished, click on the Submit button to begin the Archive process. Depending upon file size this process can take minutes to hours. Clicking on the Cancel button will take you back to the Export/Archive Course screen.
NOTE: Upon successfully completing the archive, a “success” message stating an email will be sent to your Drake email address when the process has been completed.
Downloading an Archived File
When the Archive file is ready to be downloaded from the Blackboard course, an email will be sent. Depending on queue and file size, this could take minutes up to an hour. Click on the Packages and Utilities Link
1. Click on the Export/Archive Course Link
2. Under the Export/Archive Course, a link to the Archived Course file with a zip extension. To download and save the file, either double click on it or right-click on the file name.