Exporting a Course
The export course feature creates a ZIP file of your course content that you can import to create a new course without any users or user interactions with the course. The export only includes what you select from the list.
NOTE: Files within Course Content that are not used in the course or not linked in the course are NOT included when exporting.
Export packages are downloaded as compressed ZIP files and are imported in the same format. Don’t unzip an export package or delete files from the package, as then the contents won’t import correctly.
Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course
1. On the Export/Archive Course page, select Export Package.
2. On the Export Course page, include only the links to course files or include the links and copies of the course files content.
- For Copy links and include copies of the content, select Calculate Size to be sure that the package size doesn' exceed the displayed Allowed package size.
- To remove files and folders from the package, select Manage Package Contents.
3. In the Select Course Materials section, select the checkboxes for each course area and tool to export.
- If you select Discussion Board, decide whether to include started posts for each thread in each forum (anonymously) or include only forums with no starter posts.
4. Select Submit.