Adding a Tool Link to Course Menu
In Blackboard, adding a Tool Link to the Course Menu is done directly on the Course Menu and not through the Control Panel.
- Click on the ‘+‘ button to add an item to course menu area
- Click on the Tool Link option
Other options include:
- Content Area to place items, folders, assessments, etc.
- Module Page will be similar to the Home Page, but empty.
- Blank Page has different areas for alignment/goals, content or attachments on page.
- Tool Link will create a new direct link from one of the links inside Tools menu area. Example: Announcements link.
- Web Link creates a direct link to an external URL.
- Course Link will create a direct link to a certain location within your course. An example would be your syllabus which students might need to reference throughout course which is located inside Content area.
- Sub-header creates a non-clickable header that you can place before Course Menu links and buttons.
- Divider will create a line that you can place between Course Menu links/buttons.
Name and Type of Link
- Type in a Name for the Course Tool link
- Click on the Browse button
- Scroll to locate and click on the desired Type of Tool link added to the Course Menu area
Available to Users
- Make sure to check the box next to Available to Users or the link will not function for anyone else
- Click on the Submit button
- The new Tool link will appear at the bottom of the Course Menu area
- Make sure to reorder the new Tool link to your desired location on the Course Menu