The Course Menu
- ‘+’ button – adds buttons, links, and dividers to the Course Menu area
- Folder view button – changes the Course Menu from list to folder view
- Refresh button – refreshes and updates the course menu area and screen
- Up & Down arrows – reorganizes the Course Menu buttons/links
‘+’ Button Details
- Clicking the ‘+’ button adds an item to course menu area
- Content Area to place items, folders, assessments, etc.
- Module Page will be similar to the Home Page, but empty.
- Blank Page has different areas for alignment/goals, content or attachments on page.
- Tool Link will create a new direct link from one of the links inside Tools menu area. Example: Announcements link.
- Web Link creates a direct link to an external URL.
- Course Link will create a direct link to a certain location within your course. An example would be your syllabus which students might need to reference throughout course which is located inside Content area.
- Sub-header creates a non-clickable header that you can place before Course Menu links and buttons.
- Divider will create a line that you can place between Course Menu links/buttons.
NOTE: When adding a course menu button or link, make sure to check the box to allow users to access it.
Reordering Menu Items
- Click on the Up/Down arrows
- Click on item to highlight
- Click on the Up or Down arrow buttons to move item up or down in the list
- Click the Submit button
- A message stating that your items have been reordered will appear
- Click OK button
Renaming, Hiding and Deleting existing Course Menu items
- In order to rename, hide, or delete a Course Menu link/button, hover over and click on the Course Menu down arrow button that appears
- Click on Rename Link, Hide Link, or Delete to perform your preferred action