Creating Group Sets
You may generate several Groups at one time by using Group Sets. In addition to Manual and Self-Enrollment, you can select Random Enrollment for Group Sets. This option populates the Groups automatically—you simply choose the number of Groups or members per Group.
When naming a set of groups, the name of each group has a number added to it when they are first created. For example, a set of groups named “Research” results in groups named “Research 1,” “Research 2,” and “Research 3,” depending upon the number of groups in the set. You can edit the group names after they are created.
1. On the Control Panel, under Users and Groups, select Groups.
2. On the Groups page, click Create Group Set on the Action Bar.
3. Select Self, Manual, or Random Enroll.
4. On the Create Enrollment Group Set page, enter a name and optional Description.
5. Select the Yes radio button to make the Group Available.
6. Select the tools you’d like made available to your students.
7. If you check the checkbox under Module Personalization Setting, students will be able to add personal modules to the “Group Homepage.”
8. Depending on the type of enrollment, select sign-up sheet options, members, or random enrollment options.
9. Click Submit.
Random Groups can be created based on the number of groups or group size. You also select where any remaining students are enrolled.