Grade Center Overview
Access the Grade Center1. Under the Control Panel, click on the Grade Center link to expand the menu
Full Grade Center
1. Needs Grading lets you view, access, and grade all electronic submissions from students.
2. Full Grade Center opens a view of the entire Grade Center.
3. Assignments and Tests are Smart Views, that filter out all other grade center columns by the selected category.
Quick Overview of Grade Center
1. Menu Bar: Lists Grade Center functions
2. Grade Information Bar: shows information such as Total Points Possible, Category, Full Column Name
3. Drop down arrows next to the column names will show you more options.
4. Click inside the grade center box to enter a score or grade.
5. Work Offline Button: Allows you to download or upload grade center.
Manage Menu1. The Manage Menu gives you options to re-organize columns, show/hide columns, and to create/edit Categories or Smart Views
2. See separate articles for Categories, Grading Schemas, and Smart Views
3. The Column Organization link will all you to re-organize columns and show/hide columns
To view the Running Total (total points possible) and other details:
- In any grade center column, click on the student’s grade inside the column to view the information in the Grade Information Bar. The information displayed is States the Grade Type, Points Possible for each individual student, Displayed As, and column visibility.
- To view information about the grade center column, click on the column name/header and the Grade Information Bar will state possible points, category, and full grade center column name.
1. Click on the Icon Legend button.
2. The Icon Legend box will appear and show what each symbol represents.
The Grade Center is sorted by last name by default. To change the default sort order, click on the top of the desired column. The current column being sorted will be denoted by the orange triangle at the top of the column.
1. To emailing a student from within the Grade Center, check the box next to the student’s name and click on the Email button.
2. The Last Access column shows the last time (date) the student was inside your course.
3. Clicking the Layout Position button will allow you to select a new layout.
4. Click on Ascending to switch the Grade Center to descending.
5. To edit the number of students that are displayed at once, click Edit Rows Displayed button.