Manually Grading Assessment Questions
If you used essay questions in your test, Blackboard will not grade questions automatically. You will need to assign points to that question before students can see a grade in the Grade Center.
1. In Grade Center, locate the cell for the student’s test containing an exclamation mark (it appears when a test requires grading). Move the mouse pointer over the cell to see the Action Link (Down Arrow) and click the Action Link to access the contextual menu.
2. Select View Grade Details.
3. On the Grade Details page, the attempts the student has made on the test are shown. There will only be multiple attempts shown if that was an option you selected when deploying the test.
4. Select the Grade Discussion Forum and type a point value to evaluate participants on performance throughout a forum.
5. On the Grade Test/Attempt page, review the student’s answers, grade any questions that require manual grading, and enter Feedback, if desired and then click Submit.