National Postdoctoral Association (NPA)Click Here
Provides an array of resources of interest to postdocs, their mentors, and graduate students considering a postdoctoral fellowship. These resources include a Section on Career Planning, as well as discussions of other current issues and best practices.Career Planning
Graduate students, faculty, staff, and postdocs can apply for Affiliate membership by clicking below and using their UTEP email address.Affiliate Membership
Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL)Click Here
Offers courses and workshops designed to expand opportunities for future faculty preparation, introduce evidence-based teaching through Teaching-as-Research, connect participants to a national network of future & current faculty, and train participants for successful job searches.
Graduate students, faculty, staff, and postdocs can sign up for announcements, online courses, and workshops by clicking below.CIRTL
Council of Graduate Schools (CGS)Click Here
Offers resources related to best practices in graduate education, including webinars and publications that speak to current challenges, trends, and innovations. CGS also provides information on career paths for doctoral students. CGS's GradSense is a platform that provides a range of resources and tools to help grad students and prospective grad students manage their finances responsibly and be more informed about student loans, taxes, and budgeting.Best Practices
Graduate students, faculty, and staff can sign up to access members-only content by clicking belowCGSnet
- Bolker, Joan. Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis. 1st edition. New York: Owl Books, 1998.
- Graff, Gerald, and Cathy Birkenstein. They Say, I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing. Second Edition edition. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2009.
- Gray, Tara. “Publish and Flourish: Become a Prolific Scholar.” In Publish and Flourish: Become a Prolific Scholar. Las Cruces, NM: Teaching Academy, New Mexico State University, 2005.
- Hart, Chris. Doing a Literature Review: Releasing the Social Science Research Imagination. London: Sage Publications, 1998.
- Schimel, Joshua. Writing Science: How to Write Papers That Get Cited and Proposals That Get Funded. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Svinicki, Marilla, and Wilbert J. McKeachie. McKeachie’s Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers. 14 edition. Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning, 2014.