In support of the University of Texas at El Paso’s (UTEP) mission to provide access to excellence, the Employee Relations team in Human Resources partners with University communities to provide programs and services that support a responsive, effective and efficient work environment. Employee Relations Services seeks to:
- Provide professional and strategic mediation services guidance to resolve workplace conflicts and promote positive relationships to improve the work environment.
- Provide guidance and training on performance management through training sessions and meetings.
- Recognize the efforts and contributions of employees to UTEP and its mission.
Assist in proactive training and development of employees and supervisors.
Employee Relations is also the point of contact for the following:
- Employee/Supervisor/Manager/ best practices
- Policy guidelines on employment related matters
- Policy and process training on employment related topics for supervisors and non-supervisory employees offered through Training and Development
- Oversee the annual Performance Evaluation Process
- Performance Improvement Plans