To enroll in the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies Program, you must have:
- Completed the general education (Texas Core) curriculum
- Completed at least 60 credit hours
- Have a consultation with a BMS Program Advisor to determine eligibility for the BMS program
Admission to the BMS
If you meet the requirements to enroll in the BMS program, the first step is to apply for admission to UTEP, which will be your home campus. The sooner you apply for admission, the sooner you can consult with an Academic Advisor and start moving forward toward your goal of graduation!
1. Apply for Admission:
a. Fill out an online application at www.applytexas.org
b. For admission requirements contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at 915-747-5890.
2. If you have taken college-level courses elsewhere, submit all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, 500 W. University, ASB 102, El Paso, TX 79968.
3. Have the official evaluation of your transcripts completed by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. A BMS Advisor cannot complete your degree plan until all transcripts have been evaluated.
4. Have a degree plan created by the BMS Office. Please consult the UTEP Undergraduate Catalog and speak with your Academic Advisor for institutional and residency requirements.
5. Set up an advising appointment either in-person, on the phone, or via email to review your degree plan and plan for the upcoming semester's coursework.
6. To ensure that you make quick progress toward your degree, mandatory advising is required of all BMS majors prior to registration. Any holds related to advising will be removed during your advising session.