Pi Sigma Alpha
Pi Sigma Alpha
The National Political Science Honor Society
(Epsilon Epsilon Chapter)
The goal of the Epsilon Epsilon chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha is to recognize superior scholastic ability in the field of political science at the University of Texas at El Paso. We strive to ensure that those possessing these qualifications will be afforded the opportunity to become an advocate of the principles of this national honor society.
Purpose of our organization
- to stimulate productive scholarship and intelligent interest in the subject of politics; and
- to organize and conduct seminars, conferences, research, discussion groups, and publications in the field of political science
Requirements for active membership
- must be a junior, senior, or graduate student at UTEP;
- completion of at least ten credit hours including one 3300 level course in political science with no grade below a B;
- no less than a 3.0 GPA in political science courses;
- must be active in PSA sponsored activities; and
- must pay semester dues
- open to those who may not yet fulfill the membership qualifications, but show promise to do so in the future; must be active in PSA sponsored events; and must pay semester dues
Dr. Taeko Hiroi
Benedict Hall 312
President: April Rumgay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Perla Rubio (email@example.com)
Secretary: Maritza Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Meets every other week. Please contact Dr. Hiroi for meeting dates/times.
All Political Science Majors and Minors in all Classifications are Welcome to Attend our Meetings.
Link to our national office