Walk in Crisis Services
- We are currently providing counseling services remotely. We offer crisis services to all currently enrolled UTEP students. Students do not need to make an appointment for these services. We have an on-call counselor available to talk and help you work through whatever crisis you are facing. Please call 915-747-5302 for information about beginning these services with CAPS. You can contact our office Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. If you need services after hours, please read the Miners Talk section below.
- CAPS offers walk-in crisis services to all currently enrolled UTEP students. Our walk-in hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Miners Talk: After Hours Crisis Line
- It would be great if emotional crises happened only Mondays to Fridays from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Unfortunately, that is not the case. For this reason, CAPS offers students an after-hours resource known as the Miners Talk Crisis Line. By calling CAPS at 915-747-5302 after hours or on the weekends and connect with a licensed mental health professional that can help you resolve any immediate concerns. If you are concerned about another UTEP student, feel free to call the crisis line for consultation.
- Other community Crisis lines include
- Local Crisis Line: Emergence Health Network 915-779-1800
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273 TALK (8255).
- For the chat hotline click here.
- Sexual Assault Resources
- CAPS provides counseling for victims of sexual assault. Students should also be aware of some of the resources available on campus which include:
- The Center Against Family and Sexual Violence is a community resource offering services and advocacy to survivors of sexual violence. Whether it may be a few days after the abuse or years after, we are here to help.
- Hotlines and Emergency Numbers
- University Police: Emergency, 911, Non-emergency, 915-747--6411
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255;
- El Paso Police Department: Emergency, 911, Non-emergency, 915-832-4400
- Las Palmas Medical Center 915-595-9200
- Adult Protective Services: (915) 834-5743
- Child Protective Services: 1-800-252-5400
- El Paso Domestic Violence Hope Line: 915.593.7300 or 1.800.727.0511
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE or 1-800-787-3224 (TTD)
- National AIDS Information Hotline: 1-800-342-AIDS
- El Paso Public Health Department: 915-212-0200
NOTICE: CAPS provides a safe and confidential place for you to talk about problems that might interfere with your personal growth or academic achievement. Our staff can also suggest various referral options in the El Paso area if you need extended or specialized services.