Services for Faculty and Staff
- If you are concerned about a UTEP student’s mental health or life situation, give us a call at (915) 747-5302. You can either set up an appointment with one of our counselors or request to talk with the on-call counselor over the phone. We can consult with you regarding your concerns, discuss options and help explore strategies for approaching the student.
Suicide Prevention Training (QPR)
- Do you know of a student, friend or family member who is experiencing emotional distress or perhaps contemplating suicide? Are you concerned that you might not have the right words or not know what you should do to help? Sign up for one of our QPR suicide prevention certification trainings. Learn to recognize warning signs, how to talk to someone who is contemplating suicide or experiencing severe emotional distress, and how to get them the services they need. Call CAPS for a list of scheduled trainings or schedule a training for a group of 8 or more and we will come to you.
Don’t Cancel that Class
- Heading out of town? Thinking about cancelling your class? Well, don’t! Give CAPS a call. We would be happy to come to your class and provide your students with some helpful information on self-care, mental fitness or academic success. Your students might not learn anything new about calculus but they might leave with a skill or a life lesson that could make a significant impact in their lives. Schedule a presentation.
Presentations and Workshops
- Upon request, a CAPS representative can come to a staff meeting or a special event and provide a presentation. Our counselors can provide presentations on a variety of topics from a discussion of our services, to topics like personal enrichment or mental health awareness. Please call CAPS for a more detailed list of presentations that we can offer. This service is based upon availability. Schedule a presentation.
Self Help for Faculty and Staff
- TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is a self-help platform designed to help Faculty and Staff learn skills and techniques to better understanding and working through every-day life concerns such as stress, anxiety, depression, communication, relationships. Learn more about TAO Self Help and to get started.