Office of International Programs
The Office of International Programs (OIP) assists UTEP international students and exchange visitors (e.g., research scholars, short-term research scholars, international professors and interns) comply with and maintain their non-immigrant statuses. We comply with federal regulations for mandatory record keeping and reporting to federal agencies on behalf of UTEP. We provide high-quality immigration advising and services, and coordinate with university partners to assist international students and scholars in pursuing academic goals.
Global engagement exists locally via UTEP’s Office of International Programs (OIP).
Our services our guided by the notion that today "interconnected social and economic landscape" delineates the performance of specialists (e.g., students, educators, and civic and public officials).
- Leveraging and Improvement of Opportunities
- Promotion of Civic Engagement
- Advancement of Cultural Awareness
- Respect of other identities
- Expansion of Global mindedness
- Administers the PASE tuition discount program for Mexican nationals
- Organizes international student recruitment fairs
- Provides cross-cultural engagement for international and domestic students
F-1 and J-1 International Students: Submit all request for services using Sunapsis (https://sunapsis.utep.edu)
OIP uses Sunapsis to manage profiles, review and update information about F-1/J-1 data, and respond to requests by students.
The links below provide information and guidance about to F-1/J-1 international students services.