Sunapsis is the online portal for international students and scholars to submit and check the status of requests, as well as the software system used by OIP staff to manage international student and scholar profiles and review requests.
- F-1 International Students: ALL requests (except CPT applications) should be submitted through Sunapsis. To save paper and increase efficiency and processing times, we are no longer accepting paper requests.
- J-1 International Students & Exchange Visitors: Our Sunapsis requests are in development. Most requests should be submitted through paper or requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with Sunapsis, please contact email@example.com. Please refrain from contacting OIP for a status update on your request unless it has been pending for more than 10 business days and an OIP advisor has not requested additional information from you.
In general, all requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks ahead of time to allow for processing. Once it has been approved, you will see that the request has been approved in your profile, and you will receive an email to your UTEP email account with additional information.
Most** F-1 International Students will log in using their UTEP username (not full email address) and password by clicking "Login" on the main Sunapsis screen.
New/Transfer students must first visit https://newaccount.utep.edu to set up their UTEP email account. If you experience difficulties setting up your account, please call the phone number at the bottom of the New Account page.
**F-1 International Students who have graduated and are participating in OPT may not be able to log in after their UTEP account is deactivated by IT. Those students should follow these steps:
- Visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu and click on the "New Student/Scholar Login" button on the bottom of the screen
- On the bottom of the "Login to - Limited Services" page, click on "Email me my Limited Access PIN"
- Enter your UTEP ID # and click "Submit"
- Check your UTEP and personal email for an email with your PIN. If you do not receive it within 10 minutes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you receive your PIN, visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu and click on the "New Student/Scholar Login" button on the bottom of the screen
- Fill in your UTEP ID #, date of birth, and PIN, and click "Login"