Sunapsis is the online portal for international students and scholars to submit and check the status of requests, as well as the software system used by OIP staff to manage international student and scholar profiles and review requests.
- F-1 International Students: All requests must be submitted through Sunapsis.
- J-1 International Students & Exchange Visitors: All requests must be are requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Submit request, at least, 2 weeks in advance to allow for processing. Once a request has been approved, you will receive an email to your UTEP email account with additional information. For assistance with Sunapsis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Wait 5 business days before requesting information on a pending request.
Most** F-1 International Students will log in using their UTEP username (not full email address) and password by clicking "Login" on the main Sunapsis screen.
New/Transfer students must first visit https://newaccount.utep.edu to set up their UTEP email account. If you experience difficulties setting up your account, please call the phone number at the bottom of the New Account page.
**F-1 International Students who have graduated and are participating in OPT may not be able to log in after their UTEP account is deactivated by IT. Those students should follow these steps:
- Visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu and click on the "New Student/Scholar Login" button on the bottom of the screen
- On the bottom of the "Login to - Limited Services" page, click on "Email me my Limited Access PIN"
- Enter your UTEP ID # and click "Submit"
- Check your UTEP and personal email for an email with your PIN. If you do not receive it within 10 minutes, please contact email@example.com
- Once you receive your PIN, visit https://sunapsis.utep.edu and click on the "New Student/Scholar Login" button on the bottom of the screen
- Fill in your UTEP ID #, date of birth, and PIN, and click "Login"