FLP Director and Staff
Introducing a Faculty Led Program/FLP
FLP programs are offered during spring and winter break, spring, summer and fall terms. FLP Directors may establish stand alone programs, collaborate with an existing student exchange partner or another U.S. schools, and/or a third-party study abroad provider. Faculty-Led Programs are opened to UTEP students as well as non-UTEP students.
All agreements will circulate electronically for approval starting with the Chair of the Department and progressing to corresponding academic program Dean or Deans (if more than one academic discipline). After the Deans' signatures, the proposal proceeds to the Office of Study Abroad. From there it advances to the Office of the Provost for approval of the academic content and safety of the location.
- When working with partners external to UTEP, the Office of Legal Affairs will review the affiliation agreement portion of the proposal.
- Faculty Led Programs visiting countries, regions or cities designated by the U.S. State Department Travel Advisory as levels 3 or 4 will require UTEP's International Oversight Committee approval.
- The Study Abroad Office will provide assistance through all stages of the approval process.
Proposals are submitted through the FLP Proposal Submission Portal. Follow the steps listed in the Faculty-Led Programs Submission Guide. Additional information and forms are provided in the "headers" appearing below:
- The"header" Proposal Building Blocks includes step-by-step guidance in how to submit a Faculty Led Program proposal electronically.
- The "header" Submit a Budget Plan identifies the financial components and commitments of the program as well as share details about the proposed program.
- The "header" Managing Safety and Risk provide a pre-departure orientation template and questions to consider when planning a program.
- The "header" Submit a Proposal takes you directly to the online portal, used to submit FLP proposals.