About the VPBA
To support the University's teaching, research and public service mission by providing superior services to the campus community. We are committed to innovation, change, and self-evaluation in order to meet these needs and to create an environment that treats everyone with dignity and respect.
Toward this end we will foster:
- A commitment to excellence
- Innovation and creativity
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Quality customer service
- Respect for every individual
- Personal accountability
- Personal development and growth
To serve as a model of excellence and innovation in providing business, financial, and infrastructure support services to The University of Texas at El Paso.
What does the VPBA Office do to support the University in its mission?
In addition to the services provided by the departments within the Division of the VPBA, the staff in the VPBA Office oversees many elements of doing business here at UTEP. These functions include the following:
- Review, approval, and execution of business contracts and agreements
- Facilitation and review of all institutional memberships in national, state, local, and community organizations
- Coordination and administration of the University’s Risk Management/Insurance program
- Oversight and management of all business policies and procedures, including delegation of authority
- Management of the open records process
- Coordination and publication of all required operational and budgeting reports