International Insurance and Service Coverage
With few exceptions described below the following services and insurances are in place for international travelers regardless of whether or not they are traveling to a destination with a Travel Warning.
Traveler – UTEP Employee traveling on UTEP business:
- On Call International Global Assistance and Insurance Program - provides you with an international network of medical and security professionals available any time to assist you. They can offer advice, connect you with resources, and work with you to make sure you receive the care and support you need both before and during University sponsored international travel. The program includes many benefits related to emergencies and common travel problems.
Traveler – UTEP student traveling on University-sanctioned travel:
UTEP students traveling internationally on University-sanctioned travel are provided with $250,000 worth of injury and illness medical insurance through the On Call Student International Travel Accident and Sickness Policy.
On Call International
- Enrollment in On Call International is mandatory for all University-sanctioned international travel. The University will enroll you on your behalf.
- Students must contact On Call International in the case of an emergency and allow On Call International to manage their health care.*
- Students who manage their own health care will have to pay for all their personal medical expenses and then submit a claim to On Call International for reimbursement.
- *Travel to Cuba is handled in accordance with U. S. Department of Treasury Requirements.
- *International students traveling to their home country are excluded from coverage under On Call International and should contact the UTEP Study Abroad Office for information and assistance regarding alternate study abroad health plans.
- For information regarding the On Call International policy contact the VPBA Office at 915-747-5113.
- All other services provided by On Call International are also included in the coverage. For more information on all other services, visit the UTEP Travel website at: www.utep.edu/travel.