GO:    [ UTEP Home Page ]    [ Catalog Index ]    [ Financial Info Contents ]    [ Graduate Degrees ]    [ University Map ]


  • Financial Assistance
  • Tuition and Fees
  • Housing Expenses
  • Residency

  • Residency Determination Information

    1.- Introduction
    2.- Minors and Dependents
    3.- Residence of Independent
         Individuals 18 Years of
         Age or Older

    4.- Reclassification
    5.- International Students
    6.- Exceptions
    7.- Economic Development
         and Diversification Employees

    8.- Military Personnel, Veterans, and Commissioned
         Officers of the Public Health Service

    9.- Teachers, Proffesors, and their Dependents
    10.- Teaching or Research Assistants
    11.- Scholarship Stipend Recipients
    12.- Academic Common Market
    13.- Mexican Citizens
    14.- New Mexico Residents
    15.- Student Responsibilities
    16.- Penalties

    12.- Academic Common Market

    UTEP participates in the Academic Common Market, a cooperative tuition-reduction agreement among fourteen Southern Regional Education Board states. If the public institutions in your home state do not offer a degree program in your chosen field of study, it may be possible to arrange a waiver of non-resident tuition to attend UTEP (or any other cooperating public institution of higher education in an Academic Common Market state) for that program. Likewise, Texas residents may be eligible for resident-rate tuition for member-state schools for degree programs not available in Texas public institutions. A listing of member states and eligible degree programs are available in the Admissions Office.


      [top of page]

    The University of Texas at El Paso
    Developed by the UTEP Web Development Team
    Revised: February 19, 2001