The Executive MBA (EMBA) is
The EMBA format is conducive to the busy schedule of advancing managers. EMBA courses are offered every other week (twice monthly) on Friday 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm and Saturday from
Classes are held at the UTEP Graduate Business Center in Downtown El Paso. Each EMBA cohort is kept purposefully small and will range
The curriculum consists of a 48 credit-hour program within 13 modules.
- The EMBA allows business leaders to pursue and attain their MBA degree through an expedited and non-traditional format. EMBA students engage the MBA coursework with peers who have similar management and business leadership experience.
- EMBA students engage the MBA coursework with peers who have similar management and business leadership experience.
- Although the EMBA provides an expedited path to earning an MBA, it is not a shortcut. EMBA students who successfully meet the requirements of the MBA program earn a Master of Business Administration degree.
- International travel and research engagements expand students’ global perspectives and networks.
- A distinguished core of professors from diverse academic and corporate backgrounds will deliver the EMBA coursework.
- Students will experience a variety of instructional formats in the classroom as well as coursework outside of the classroom.
- Benefit from networking, team building and other synergies created by progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- The EMBA is delivered in a multilingual and multicultural community, featuring over five decades of expertise in manufacturing, logistics, international commerce
Joshua Ladd, EMBA 2013
Students must complete 48
|Business Law and Ethics|
|Issues in Comparative Corporate Governance|
|Strategic Corporate Communications|
|Accounting for Management|
|Organizational Management Seminar|
|ECON 5311||Managerial Economics|
|QMB 5311||Quantitative Methods in Business|
|BUSN 5301B||Current Issues in International Economics and Financial Markets|
|FIN 5318||Capital Formation, Analysis, and Budgeting|
|MKT 5311||Marketing Management|
|BUSN 5394||International Research Course|
|BUSN||Data Analytics for Managers|
|OSCM 5308||Concepts of Production Management|
|MGMT 5336||Effective Management of Human Resources|
|International Strategic Management|
Admission to the EMBA Program
Applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Executive MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Application fee (payable through the online application).
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required. *
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background. **
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources. ** (One letter of support from current employer required.)
- Applicants must demonstrate at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of at least 250 computer-based/600 paper-based/100 internet-based.
- Applicants may be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF) .
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission decision can be made.
The 2019 Executive MBA Program costs are $45,000. Program costs include:
- Tuition & registration fees
- iPad, digital textbooks, case, materials, and software.
- Lodging (double occupancy), ground transportation, and some meals for the International Research Course (airfare is not included).
- Access to online quantitative skills course.
- Individualized Executive Coaching.
Tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by administrative, legislative, or regent action, and changes become effective on the date enacted.