About Hunt College
The Woody L. Hunt College of Business shares with the University its mission to provide a high-quality education that will enable its students to be successful in a global business environment.
In alignment with AACSB International standards, Hunt College cultivates its student body to become innovative, engaged, and ethical business leaders who will have meaningful and lasting impacts on the Paso del Norte region and beyond.
John Hadjimarcou, Ph.D.
Hunt College’s faculty, research centers, institutes, and Corporate Academies leverage the international and multicultural characteristics of this border region to create unique experiential learning opportunities for its students.
The College fosters initiatives, partnerships, and collaborations that afford our students the opportunity to become the next generation of globally engaged business leaders.
The Woody L. Hunt College of Business is committed to providing the widest possible access to quality higher education to allow our students to become competitive on a local, regional, national, and international level. Therefore, the goal of the College is to provide:
- Broad-based programs which give students the background necessary for entry into, and advancement in, professional and managerial positions;
- Life-long learning for career success and for responsible stewardship of our cultural, economic, and environmental resources;
- Intellectual contributions that extend the boundaries of knowledge, enhance the transfer of knowledge to students, and improve application of existing knowledge to regional, national and international environments;
- Service that contributes to the personal and professional betterment of our students, the University, alumni, community, and academia.
Our quality is reflected in the success of our students, alumni, and faculty and in the enhancement of the personal and professional lives of regions’ residents.
Woody L. Hunt College of Business Degree Programs
The Woody L. Hunt College of Business, the only AACSB-accredited business school in the El Paso-Juarez region, offers quality academic programs that prepare students to enter the business world one step ahead of the rest.
Hunt College grants degrees in the following academic programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Economics (MSEcon)
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
PhDin Business Administration
Woody L. Hunt College of Business by the numbers:
- Faculty – 60 full-time faculty organized into 10 research and teaching groups: Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, International and Cross-Border Business, Management, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, and Quantitative Methods and Analysis.
- Staff – 40 staff organized across academic programs, research centers, and the dean’s office
- Students – approximately 3000 students enrolled in COBA’s graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
The Woody L. Hunt College of Business is committed to ensuring that UTEP BBA students have the best possible opportunity to graduate with the skills and capabilities to be successful in a dynamic and globally competitive business environment. To that end, Hunt College partners with global industry leaders including ADP, Lockheed Martin, and Prudential to offer Corporate Academies that integrate specialized courses, industry-specific technologies, and co-curricular activities in the curriculum.
Hunt College students who participate in Corporate Academies are uniquely prepared for challenging careers in a number of high-demand business fields.
Top Employers of the Woody L. Hunt College of Business Students and Graduates
|Delphi Automotive Systems
|El Paso Electric
|Helen of Troy
|Johnson & Johnson
|JP Morgan Chase Bank
|Proctor & Gamble
|Tenet Healthcare Corporation
|University Medical Center
UTEP offers the only AACSB Accredited business programs in the El Paso border region. Hunt College has earned AACSB Accreditation for both its Business Administration and Accounting programs.
Less than 5 percent of business schools worldwide have earned this prestigious designation from AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – which provides global leadership in advancing management education.
AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education.