Lockheed Martin Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Academy
What is ERP?
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) refers to the integration of multiple business processes across an organization and encompasses areas such as accounting, project management, supply chain operations, sales, and procurement. Organizations rely on ERP software to link these processes within a unified system, allowing for improved data flow, integrity, and visibility, thereby enhancing efficiency and decision making across the entire organization.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 105,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. For further information on Lockheed Martin please visit: www.lockheedmartin.com
Components of the ERP Academy
1. The ERP Certificate Program
With the 12-hour certificate program, students fulfill the requirement of a minor. Through these courses, students acquire knowledge and exposure to ERP systems and learn how these systems support the planning and management of business processes across various departments within an organization.
2. Professional Development Portfolio
Members are given unique opportunities to network and be coached by ERP executives at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Events include guest speakers in ERP courses, corporate site visits and plant tours, mock interviews and resume reviews, development workshops, and job and internship search coaching.
ERP Certificate Program
ERP Academy scholars must successfully complete the following certificate program course requirements, including two laboratory courses:
|ERP Certificate Requirements|
|BUSN 3333||Business Processes Analysis (3 hours)|
Business Processes Analysis Lab (1.5 hours)
Must be taken concurrently with BUSN 3333
|ACCT 3320||Accounting Systems (3 hours)|
|OSCM 3333||Production Planning and Control (3 hours)|
Production Planning and Control Lab (1.5 hours)
Must be taken concurrently with OSCM 3333
- Offer state-of-the-art training on systems used by leading ERP companies in the world
- Improve the knowledge and skills of UTEP graduates in the ERP area
- Provide opportunities to network and engage with professionals in the field
- Enhance internship opportunities for Academy students and employment opportunities for Academy graduates
All UTEP students, regardless of College or major, may apply to the Lockheed Martin ERP Academy at UTEP's College of Business Administration.
- The ERP certificate must be declared as part of your minor/certificate requirement. This can be done with your COBA Academic Advisor.
- A 3.0 GPA is required to apply to the Academy.
1. Fill out Application Form
- Cover letter (1-page maximum)
- One letter of recommendation; must be from a UTEP faculty member
We are here to support you! For all questions related to the Academy and application process as well as for guidance with application materials please contact the Academy manager.
Contact UsSuzanne Ramirez
Student Success Manager
Lockheed Martin ERP Academy