Military Career Assistance
We proudly participate in two programs that provide our military servicemembers and spouses with career assistance.
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA)
- Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program
We are grateful for the sacrifice and courage of our men and women in the armed forces. Because we understand the strain that this can have on families who have a spouse on active duty, we want to help.
Use the button below to provide your information to get started or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
UTEP’s Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) provides eligible military spouses up to $4,000 over two years to pursue degree programs, licenses or credentials that lead to employment in portable career fields.
Professional and Public Programs accepts MyCAA funding for approved training certification courses in a variety of areas.
- State certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications
- Licensing exams and related prep courses
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes
- Degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields
- High school completion course, GED tests, and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
MyCAA is available for spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, as well as spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders).
- Most of our courses are 100% online and available 24/7
- Spouses can work at their own pace
- Expert instructors are available to support you along the way
- All materials are included
- We can provide career support services upon completion
- Verify your MyCAA Eligibility. Visit the MyCAA website to set up a personal profile and complete the DEERS eligibility check to confirm your MyCAA eligibility
- Create your Career and Training Plan
- Enroll and upload your Education Plan
- Apply for financial assistance
- Start your studies
Army Credentialing Assistance Program
Professional and Public Programs is an approved ArmyIgnite educational provider.
See Available Courses Request Invoice
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program allows soldiers to earn professional and technical credentials. The CA program is similar to the Army’s existing tuition assistance program and provides financial assistance for soldiers to pursue and earn credentials leading to an industry- recognized academic or vocational credential. These credentials do not have to be linked to the soldier's Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
This is a voluntary, off-duty training and education program that directly contributes to improving total army readiness, supporting soldiers’ professional development, retaining quality soldiers, and preparing soldiers for meaningful employment upon transition from military service.
Credentialing Assistance will pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam that shall not exceed $4,000.
- Soldiers must meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Soldiers cannot be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- Soldiers must have enough time remaining in service to complete the credential before separating from the Army