Safety Measures for Face-to-Face Programming
At Professional and Public Programs, we pride ourselves in providing programming in the safest and most responsible way. As we transition back to the classroom, we have implemented the following safety measures for face-to-face programming.
Group size for all participants will be maintained in accordance with CDC social distancing guidelines.
Youth-Specific Supervision Ratio
Children group sizes will not mix groups, and staff to child supervision ratios are as follows:
|Ages of Children||Staff to Child Supervision Ratio|
|5 years and younger||1:5|
|6-8 years old||1:6|
|9-14 years old||1:8|
|15-17 years old||1:10|
Every time before coming on to campus, participants will be ask to complete the UTEP Screening Visitor Check-In at https://adminapps.utep.edu/screening/Home/VisitorRegister.
- All staff and participants are required to wear face coverings
- Participants must provide their own face coverings
- Face coverings should be cleaned daily, following CDC guidelines
- Parents must provide multiple face masks for their children for situations when their masks get wet or dirty. Additional facemasks must be placed in a storage bag.
- Cleaning will occur before each session begins, and before and after each activity
- Sanitizing/disinfecting will take place at the conclusion of each session
- Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized following each use
In the event participants need to cancel due to COVID-19, Professional and Public Programs is happy to refund any registration fees prior to the start of the program.
- Notify participants about the positive case report
- Immediately close that location while contact tracing is performed
- Deeply clean and sanitize the location (beyond regular cleaning protocols)
- Notify participants who have risk of exposure to be tested
- Potentially transition programming to online format
- Resume the program if (a) If there is low or no risk exposure to participants and (b) when it is deemed safe
Check-In and Check-Out
- Participants will be ask to complete the UTEP Screening Visitor Check-In at https://adminapps.utep.edu/screening/Home/VisitorRegister every time before coming on to campus
- Participants will be required to wash hands upon entering the program’s location
- Children will be dropped off and picked up through a rides in/out system of arrival/departure to limit traffic in program space
- Upon arrival for check-out, parents will remain in vehicle
- A staff member will check ID and children will be walked up and put in the vehicle
- Participants will be in groups no larger than CDC guidelines allow and will not integrate with other groups
- Staff will wear masks and other PPE
- Activities will be modified to accommodate distancing
- Healthy hygiene education will be a daily part of each participant's experience.
- Participants will be encouraged to socially distance and will be discouraged from touching one another
- Parents are responsible for providing lunch, beverages and snacks for children's camps
- Providing water bottles is encouraged as access to vending machines may not be available
- Children and staff will wash their hands before lunch and snack breaks
- At the conclusion of breaks, children and staff will sanitize their hands
Prior to each session, all locations will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Every day, staff will arrive at least 30 minutes prior to opening for preparation
- Supplies and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized
- Staff will complete cleaning checklists throughout the day and keep written records of all areas