Our application and interview procedures are designed to get a sense of who you are in and out of the classroom.
You can apply to the LAHP when you have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours, with at least 12 of those hours at UTEP, by downloading the application and submitting it to the LAHP director. Once you submit your application, the director of the LAHP will contact you to inform you about your status.
Qualifications are as follows:
- A recommended 3.50 grade point average
- Demonstrated academic rigor
- Demonstrated commitment to a Liberal Arts education, e.g. through leadership, student involvement in organizations and community service, and/or creative undertakings
Application and Admission Requirements include:
- Student Application Form [LINK]
- Responses to Application Questions
- Two faculty references (include name, position, email address and phone number)
- Interview with LAHP committee (at LAHP Committee’s discretion)
There is NO DEADLINE to submit an application to the LAHP: The LAHP Committee meets several times per year to review student applications.