Our application and interview procedures are designed to get a sense of who you are in and out of the classroom.
To apply for admission to the Liberal Arts Honors Program, you must complete our brief application, submit four short essay questions, and have a 3.5 GPA on your most recent official or unofficial transcript. If you are just starting at UTEP, your 3.5 GPA should be on your high school, community college, or transfer transcript; if you have completed any studies at UTEP, the 3.5 GPA must be on your UTEP transcript.
General Qualifications for the LAHP are as follows:
- A recommended 3.50 grade point average
- Demonstrated academic rigor
- Demonstrated commitment to a Liberal Arts education, e.g. through leadership, student involvement in organizations and community service, and/or creative undertakings
Application and Admission Requirements include:
- Student Application Form [LINK]
- Responses to Application Questions
- Two faculty references (include name, position, email address and phone number)
- Interview with LAHP committee (at LAHP Committee’s discretion)
The LAHP reviews applications two times per year, on November 1 and April 1 of each semester.
Please Note: All LAHP students must also join the University Honors Program (application here: https://www.utep.edu/honors/Prospective%20Students/program_requirements.html ) and all Liberal Arts majors in the UHP must apply for admission to the LAHP.