UTEP School of Pharmacy Research Mission Statement
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) has been designated as a top tier R1 research university by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. This designation provides indisputable validation of UTEP’s commitment to excellence in research. The School of Pharmacy’s IDEAL vision is to establish sustainable and high quality research programs in basic science, translational practice, clinical practice, and educational outcomes that align with UTEP’s mission of access and excellence and benefit our graduating clinical practitioners. This will be accomplished by the following:
- Supporting faculty and student endeavors in research that align with Boyer’s Model of Scholarship (Discovery, Integration, Application, and Teaching)
- Securing funding for research and innovative practices
- Developing and fostering infrastructure for interdisciplinary, collaborative, and community partnership research
- Training and mentoring Pharm. D. students in the responsible and effective conduct of research.
- Implementing graduate and post-graduate program(s) with a focus in pharmaceutical sciences to develop future scientists
UTEP School of Pharmacy is developing a cutting-edge research core housing state-of-the-art equipment that supports the needs of faculty, students, and their collaborators. Our research laboratories provide students with illustrative demonstrations and hands-on experience to further their understanding of basic principles in pharmaceutical sciences. This commitment to research and education will allow our Pharm. D. students to learn and further develop their analytical thinking skills through research and critical inquiry.