Become a Preceptor for the UTEP School of Pharmacy!
The Office of Experiential Education welcomes you to mentor and train the next generation of pharmacy students through both Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE). Preceptors are needed to oversee pharmacy students during these experiences, ensuring all outcomes and intern hours are being met.
As pharmacists, we take an oath to “…utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.” As a UTEP School of Pharmacy (SOP) Preceptor, we hope to provide you with the opportunities to enrich your career as a pharmacist and preceptor.
In addition to training future pharmacists, preceptors will receive benefits such as access to UTEP library resources and free preceptor trainings. Please see the Preceptor Resources page for more details.
To be eligible to act as a UTEP SOP preceptor, one must maintain and complete the following requirements:
- Be a licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Maintain Preceptor credentials as set forth by Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP)
- If you do not have the required 3 CE hours needed to apply for the TSBP preceptor certification, we encourage you to complete our UTEP SOP Preceptor application first, as once you are accepted you will gain access to free CE opportunities which we provide to all preceptors via CEImpact. See our "Preceptor Resources" page for more info.
- Complete the UTEP SOP Preceptor Application below
- Complete the required preceptor training (details will be provided once you have been accepted as a preceptor)
To obtain a Certificate to become a Texas Preceptor, please visit the following page:
To apply to become a preceptor for our program use the code “UTEPSOP” to complete the form on the following page:
The above application will require you submit the following:
- TSBP License number
- Curriculum Vitae
- Drivers License
We will review your application and an OEE member will get in contact with you to provide information on the next steps of the application process.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Alma Dominguez at email@example.com.