Make an advising appointment to:
- Learn more about pharmacy and our Pharm.D. program
- Get your transcript evaluated against our prerequisites
- Walk-through our application process on PharmCAS
- Get tips on how to be a competitive applicant
The UTEP School of Pharmacy will begin taking applications for Fall 2022 entry when the PharmCAS application launches on July 14, 2021!
Prospective students should understand that all communication between the student and the SoP may be considered in the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, phone calls, emails, and written correspondence.
Prospective students with questions regarding application content and admission criteria are encouraged to contact the SoP Office of Student Affairs at (915)747-8519 or at email@example.com.
Documents you will need to submit for a complete application on PharmCAS are as follows:
- Official PCAT Trancript
- This requirement will continue to be waived for Fall 2022 applicants.
- Official Transcripts from all college level institutions attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted via the PharmCAS Evaluations tab. These letters should discuss your professional, research, academic, and service/civic experiences. Letters from family members, friends, or close relations are not recommended. It is strongly encouraged that one letter be from a faculty member (all disciplines accepted, but a science faculty member is preferred), or a healthcare professional.
- Personal Statement
- Application Fee (this fee is seperate to the PharmCAS application fee. Please pay here)
The UTEP SOP has four regular admission cycles for each Fall entry: Fall admission, Winter admission, Spring admission, and Summer admission.
All admissions processes open on PharmCAS on July 14, 2021. Deadlines are staggered. If your application is incomplete by the Fall Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Winter Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Winter Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Spring Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Spring Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Summer Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Summer Admission deadline, your application will not be considered by the Admissions Committe for entry into the UTEP School of Pharmacy (unless an additional cycle is opened by the Admissions committee, which is subject to change each academic year).
For specific deadlines, please see the Application Timeline below. Dates are subject to change.
|Item||Fall Admission||Winter Admission||Spring Admission||Summer Admission|
|Application Deadline||September 6, 2021||December 13, 2021||March 1, 2022||May 2, 2022|
|Admissions Committee Offers Interviews||
September 17-20, 2021
December 22-23, 2021
March 11-14, 2022
|May 11-13, 2022|
|Multiple Mini Interviews (on campus)||
October 1-2, 2021, other dates TBD
|January 21-29, 2022, other dates TBD
||April 1-9, 2022, other dates TBD||May 18-20, 2022, other dates TBD
|Decision Letters Emailed by||October 11, 2021||February 7, 2022||April 18, 2022
||May 26-27, 2022