Make an advising appointment to:
- Learn more about pharmacy and our Pharm.D. program
- Get your transcript evaluated against our prerequisites
- Walk-through our application process on PharmCAS
- Get tips on how to be a competitive applicant
The UTEP School of Pharmacy is now taking applications for Fall 2023 entry via PharmCAS!
Prospective students should understand that all communication between the student and the SoP may be considered in the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, phone calls, emails, and written correspondence.
Prospective students with questions regarding application content and admission criteria are encouraged to contact the SoP Office of Student Affairs at (915) 747-8519 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents you will need to submit for a complete application on PharmCAS are as follows:
- Official PCAT Trancript
- This requirement will continue to be waived for Fall 2023 applicants.
- Official Transcripts from all college level institutions attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted via the PharmCAS Evaluations tab. These letters should discuss your professional, research, academic, and service/civic experiences. Letters from family members, friends, or close relations are not recommended. It is strongly encouraged that one letter be from a faculty member (all disciplines accepted, but a science faculty member is preferred), or a healthcare professional.
- Personal Statement
- Application Fee (this fee is seperate to the PharmCAS application fee. Please pay here)
The UTEP SoP has four scheduled admission review deadlines for Fall 2023 entry: Fall Deadline, Winter Deadline, Spring Deadline, and Summer Deadline.
The UTEP School of Pharmacy begins taking applications for the Class of 2027 via PharmCAS on July 14, 2022. Deadlines are staggered. If your application is incomplete by the Fall review deadline it will be rolled into the Winter deadline. If your application is incomplete by the Winter deadline it will be rolled into the Spring deadline. If your application is incomplete by the Spring deadline it will be rolled into the Summer deadline. If your application is incomplete by the Summer Admission deadline, your application will not be considered by the Admissions Committe for entry into the UTEP School of Pharmacy (unless an additional cycle is opened by the Admissions committee, which is subject to change each academic year).
For specific deadlines, please see the Application Timeline below.
Application Review Timeline
All below deadlines are for Fall 2023 entry.
|Item||Fall Review||Winter Review||Spring Review||Summer Review|
|Application Deadline||September 5, 2022||December 5, 2022||March 6, 2023||May 1, 2023|
|Admissions Committee Offers Interviews||
September 16-20, 2022
December 16-23, 2022
March 24-31, 2023
|May 11-12, 2023|
|Multiple Mini Interviews (Virtual via Blackboard Collaborate)||
September 30 - October 1 2022, other dates TBD
|January 20-21, 27-28, 2023, other dates TBD
||April 14-15, 21-22 2023, other dates TBD||May 24-25, 2023, other dates TBD
|Decision Letters Emailed by||October 7, 2022||February 3, 2023||April 28, 2023
||June 3, 2023