Due primarily to challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the UTEP School of Pharmacy has waived the PCAT admissions requirement. Effective immediately, Fall 2021 applicants will not be required to take the PCAT.
Make an advising appointment to:
- Learn more about pharmacy and our Pharm.D. program
- Get your transcript evaluated against our prerequisites
- Walk-through our application process on PharmCAS
- Get tips on how to be a competitive applicant
The UTEP School of Pharmacy is now taking applications for Fall 2021 entry!
Prospective students should understand that all communication between the student and the SOP may be considered in the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, phone calls, emails, and written correspondence.
Prospective students with questions regarding application content and admission criteria are encouraged to contact the SOP Office of Student Affairs at (915)747-8519 or email@example.com.
Documents you will need to submit for a complete application on PharmCAS are as follows:
- Official PCAT Trancript
- The PCAT is no longer required for Fall 2021 applicants. This requirement has been waived.
- Official Transcripts from all college level institutions attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted via PharmCAS. These letters should discuss your professional, research, academic, and service/civic experiences. Letters from family members, friends, or close relations are not recommended. It is strongly encouraged that one letter be from a faculty member (all disciplines accepted, but a science faculty member is preferred), or healthcare professional.
- Personal Statement
- Application Fee (this fee is seperate to the PharmCAS application fee. Please pay here)
- Future Coursework Sheet
The UTEP SOP has four regular admissions processes: early admission, regular admission, late admission, and summer admission (June cycle added for Fall 2021 entry).
All admissions processes open on PharmCAS on July 14, 2020. Deadlines are staggered. If your application is incomplete by the Early Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Regular Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Regular Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Late Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Late Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Summer Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Summer Admission deadline, your application will not be considered by the Admissions Committe for entry into the UTEP School of Pharmacy.
For specific deadlines, please see the Application Timeline below. Dates are subject to change.
|Item||Early Decision||Regular Admission||Late Admission||Summer Admission||June Admission|
|Application Deadline||September 8, 2020||December 1, 2020||March 1, 2021||May 3, 2021||June 1, 2021|
|Admissions Committee Offers Interviews||
September 18-21, 2020
December 11-14, 2020
March 10-15, 2021
|May 7-14, 2021||June 10-14, 2021|
|Multiple Mini Interviews (on campus)||
October 2-3, 2020, other dates TBD
|January 22-30, 2021, other dates TBD
||April 2-10, 2021, other dates TBD||May 19-28, 2021, other dates TBD
||June 17-19, 2021, other dates TBD|
|Decision Letters Emailed by||October 12, 2020||February 8, 2021||April 19, 2021||June 4, 2021
||June 28, 2021|