CPS Network and Labs: Rules and Regulations
CPS students can inquire about the CPS computer network through Dr. Khodeza Begum (email@example.com), Systems Analyst. Please observe the following rules in using the computers and printers:
- Do not turn off, unplug, or disconnect any computer from the network at any time because other people might be connected to that computer remotely.
- If there is a need of having a dedicated computer for study or research purposes, contact the CPS Systems Analyst.
- Any documentation such as drafts, articles, assignments, project documents, partial or full theses and dissertations must be printed in black and white, unless you have a valid reason to print in color.
- Logging out when you are done using a CPS computer is a MUST. If you need to stay logged in for a long period due to an assignment and/or project, please let the Systems Analyst know by filling out the proper form. Any computer session left idle for a long period without approval will be disconnected without prior notice.
- The CPS computers and printers should not be used for personal purposes or activities unrelated to your studies and work in CPS. For example, you should not use the lab equipment to print flyers for a personal party, proof of purchases from any seller, or on behalf of some other CPS or non-CPS students.
- Playing on computer games or any other activity unrelated to the CPS program is prohibited.
- Sharing accounts with CPS or non-CPS students is prohibited.
- Changing computer settings are not allowed unless with authorization of the CPS Systems Analyst.
- Data network connections should not be altered. Personal equipment must not be connected to the CPS network without first obtaining permission from the CPS Systems Analyst.
- Faulty equipment, system failure, and any other computer concerns such as printers not working properly must be reported to the CPS Systems Analyst, who may not otherwise be aware of the problem. DO NOT TRY TO FIX THEM BY YOURSELF.
- The CPS program will not be responsible for any loss of user data. Students are suggested to frequently save data onto their portable storage.
- Local computer storage can be used anytime. However, it will get refreshed before each semester starts.
- Do not remove or load any software into the computer. If you need to do so, please contact the Systems Analyst by filling out the proper form.
- Internet is strictly for educational purposes only.
II. CPS Lab
- Keys to CPS Lab may be requested from the CPS Office at the beginning of the semester.
- Tampering with or removal of any computer, cables, mouse pads or any other device is strictly forbidden.
- Students must not remove any label and/or tag from any computer device.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a reserved and professional manner while in the office. All noise should be kept to a minimum.
- Students should clean and tidy their work-stations, log out the PC, put scrap paper in the paper recycling box, and push the chairs back under tables when finished.
- If the computer crashes, printer is not working, system is not allowing logging out properly, or any other electronic device (such a projector) is not working properly, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE ISSUE YOURSELF, but rather report it immediately to the Systems Analyst using the proper form.
- Unauthorized removal and/or mutilation of PC Lab resources, either in whole or in part, or any attempt to do so will subject the offender to serious disciplinary action. Students should conserve computer paper and any other resources.
- Do not move any equipment from its original position.