Posted: 2021-10-18 11:53:12 AM
Virtual Walk-Ins will be held on Monday, October 25th, 2021, from 9 AM to 12 PM for the following majors:
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences
- BS in Biological Sciences with a Biomedical Concentration
- BS in Cellular and Molecular Biochemistry
- BS in Microbiology
- BS in Neuroscience - Biology Concentration
- BS in Neuroscience - Psychology Concentration (only students who have less than 61 credit hours. Students with 61 hours or more must email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any student with a minor in secondary education regardless of major
The ZOOM link to attend is here: https://utep-edu.zoom.us/j/83031706042?pwd=aGt0a1NhMWdsRjcyQzVPNyswMG54dz09
Walk-ins are ONLY TO DISCUSS REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2022. Updated degree plans will not be provided. We cannot clear students for graduation nor determine how many hours are left for you to graduate. For questions about these topics, please email email@example.com.
Posted: 2018-08-01 08:25:25 am
Effective Fall of 2018, Toxicology (BIOL 3351) and Forensic DNA Analysis (BIOL 3357) can no longer be used as electives in the major (Section B on the degree plan) for students pursuing a BA in Biological Sciences, a BS in Biological Sciences with a Biomedical Concentration, or a BS in Biological Sciences with an Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Concentration.
Students who took this course during the Summer of 2018 or prior can still use it as a major elective.
Both Toxicology and Forensic DNA Analysis can be applied to the Free Electives on the Biomedical Concentration degree plan (Section E) or in the No Minor - Field of Study area for the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology degree plan (Section C).
Students pursuing a BA should meet with an advisor to determine if the course can be applied (to see the list of advisors click here).
For more information regarding this change please contact the Biological Sciences department by calling (915) 747-5844 or visiting Bioscience Room 2.120.