Skip to main content

Off Campus Referrals

CAPS has relationships with community mental health agencies throughout El Paso who provide quality services to our UTEP students. We refer students to these agencies with client’s needs are beyond the scope of what the counseling center can reasonably provide.  Some examples may include the need for long-term or more intensive individual therapy or services that may require treatment that is more specialized.  If your intake worker determines that you needs are best met within the community, they will provide you with a list of community resources and provide you with a recommendation as to which agency or services would best serve your needs.  See the list of community resources, refer to our Community Resource Guide.