Equipment Checkout Policies
- Must be currently enrolled in the Summer 2020 semester and present a current UTEP ID card
- Equipment may only be checked out via phone or email. Equipment may only be picked up by the person reserving equipment, no substitutions, items can ONLY be picked up during Equipment Checkout hours at your scheduled time.
- You must make a reservation to be able to retrieve your checked out items.
- Monday through Friday 10am-3pm (by appoinment only)
- It is strongly advised to return equipment on time.
- Safeguard all Equipment Checkout resources
- All equipment is loaned for recreational purposes only. All items should ONLY be used for it intended purpose by the manufacturer.
- Charges are given for all lost, damage or missing accessories
- Report and return any faulty equipment immediately
- Failure to comply with RSD Equipment Checkout Policies will result in permanent suspension of Equipment Checkout Privileges
- “I forgot” and “I didn’t know” are not acceptable reasons for missing/damaged/stolen items.
- More than 3 late returns will result in temporary one semester suspension of Equipment Checkout privileges, regardless of justification or appeal.
- Read all emails from the firstname.lastname@example.org
- No extensions on any equipment. Renewals will be considered dependent on request volume of items.
- Patrons must wait 72 hours in order to checkout any LIKE items
- No concurrent checkout of alike service products
- Loan periods will be for a total of 3 consecutive dates. See website for details.
- Fines begin to accumulate as soon as items are overdue, including after the center closes. Fines take up to 24 hours to post in your UTEP account. Payments take up to 24 hours to post in the Equipment Checkout systems
- A charge is applied for the entire replacement cost of the equipment to include any fees associated with the repurchase of the item (Shipping, Licensing’s, etc..). No further checkouts are allowed until fines are paid
- A fee will be charged to renter if any repairs or replacements are needed for damaged equipment and/or missing accessories.
- Replacement costs for lost or stolen equipment will be charged to the renter. For stolen equipment it is the responsibility of the patron to file a theft report with the UTEP Police or El Paso PD
- Requests to “Appeal a Late Fine” do not result in automatic removal of fines and must be submitted within 2 weeks of charge
- A $5.00 fee per item checked out will be assessed every 24 hours that the item(s) are late.
- Failure to return items will result in:
- The Student Affairs Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution being contacted for disciplinary action (adjudication)
- The UTEP Police Department is notified for equipment retrieval and disciplinary action
How to Checkout Equipment
The step will be:
- Download the PDF Checkout Form
- Fill out the digital form (name, UTEP ID #, email, etc.)
- List the items you want to checkout (be specific)
- Digitally sign the document
- Email to email@example.com