The University of Texas at El Paso is taking measures to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and faculty during the COVID-19 outbreak. On Tuesday, March 24th, the City of El Paso issued a shelter-at-home ordinance to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus. All COVID-19 updates can be found at www.utep.edu/coronavirus.
The Office of Registration and Records staff will operate remotely until the ordinance is lifted. We encourage you to contact us by emailing your inquires regarding graduation or diploma replacements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the moment we do not have the option for diploma pick-up at the University.
|Diploma Replacement||$30.00 EACH|
|USPS First-Class Mail (No Tracking Information)||FREE|
|UPS Next-day AIR (USA Only. Tracking number will be provided)||$30.00|
|UPS International (No Tracking Information)||$50.00|
Ordering a Replacement Diploma
Steps for Ordering a new Diploma:1. Complete the Diploma Replacement Request Form below and submit to email@example.com
2. Make the payment online by Clicking Here
You should receive a confirmation email when you place the request!
- Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.
- Diplomas will be issued under the name The University of Texas at El Paso regardless of graduation date.
- The name as it appears on the official university record will be used for your diploma. Please ensure the name we have on record is correct. If you are unsure of what is on your record, you may submit a Personal Information Change Form with two forms of identification (one must be a picture ID) to update your name in our system.
- Your request will NOT be processed without a clear copy of a valid picture ID. We will use this copy to verify your signature.
- It should be noted that a replacement diploma will reflect current diploma format and therefore may not be identical in all respects to the original.
- The word “This is a Replacement” will appear on the lower center of the diploma.
Diploma Status and Ordering an Electronic Diploma
Diploma Status- Search the status of your diploma or diploma replacement. It will let you know when it was mailed and to what address.
Order an Official Electronic Diploma (eDiploma)- UTEP's eDiploma is a certified PDF of your original diploma that can be used for verification purposes. There is a one time payment of $5 fee that will allow access to the eDiploma within minutes and for life!
You are able to view the diploma status and purchase the eDiploma here:
*The purchase of diploma frames is also available through Michael Sutter, the third party diploma company UTEP works with, when searching for the diploma status.
P: (915) 747-7327
F: (915) 747-8764