The UTEP MBA Program offers a Professional MBA (PMBA)—a fast-track, cohort style MBA option that combines quality, convenience, and affordability for the region’s advancing professionals. Through the PMBA, students can complete their UTEP MBA degree in just 18 months by attending class twice a week at the UTEP Graduate Business Center in downtown El Paso.
Spring 2021 Professional MBA Classes Start in:
Professional MBA Features
- Designed for
highly motivatedprofessionals from a wide range of backgrounds including healthcare, engineering, education, government, and business.
- UTEP College of Business Administration faculty uses a variety of instructional formats including the case method and class projects to demonstrate real-world applications.
- PMBA students benefit from
the networking, team-building, and synergies createdby progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- PMBA classes enjoy catered meals and
other time-saving extras .
- Bundeswehr Study Abroad Program:
- Through an Affiliation Agreement with the University of Bundeswehr, in Munich Germany, participating UTEP PMBA students will learn from Bundeswehr faculty and students about European ethical and cultural issues and the importance of social, political and economic systems in the European Union development. The course is offered in late May.
The 36 credit
Concepts of Production Management
Organizational Management Seminar
Management Strategy and Policy
Quantitative Methods in Business
Business Law and Ethics
Three Electives in
MBA Concentration Areas (9 semester hours)
The following concentrations are offered on a regular basis:
- Business Informatics for Healthcare (online only)
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
The following concentrations are offered based on student demand:
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Class Format and Meeting Schedule
The PMBA program will launch one cohort (35-40 students) every fall and spring semester. Students take one class every 5.5 weeks—three courses in
Students entering the program during the Fall semester will join a cohort that will meet on Tuesday evenings from
Students entering the program during the Spring semester will join a cohort that will meet on Monday and Thursday evenings from
MBA Program Earns International Ranking
Admission to the Professional MBA Program
|Professional MBA Application
|Fall Mexican Citizens||May 01|
|Fall International Non-Mexican||April 01|
|Spring US Applicants||November 01|
|Spring Mexican Citizens||October 01|
|Spring International Non-Mexican||September 01|
- Applications must be complete in order to receive an admission recommendation. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Late applications will be accepted and evaluated as quickly as possible. However, admission recommendations cannot be guaranteed before the
Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Professional MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required. *
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background. **
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources. **
- GMAT score * * Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.50 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants to the Professional MBA program with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.30 or higher from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request conditional admission. To take the GMAT Mini Quiz, click here.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of at least 250 computer-based/600 paper-based/100 internet-based.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission decision can be made.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
In State: $1,785.35 per three credit course; $21,424.20 for the 36 credit-hour program.
Out of State: $3,322.70 per three credit course; $39,872.40 for the 36 credit-hour program.
Based on in-state Fall 2020 tuition and fees. Every effort was made to provide accurate and up to date information. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the University’s discretion.