Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged due to cohort capacity.
Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required.*
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background.**
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources.** (In the EMBA, one letter of support from current employer required.)
- GMAT Score or successful completion of MBA Math modules
- Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver.
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.50 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver.
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.30 or higher from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request conditional admission.
- GMAT not required
- TOEFL score of at least 250 computer-based/600 paper-based/100 internet-based (for international students)*
- EMBA applicants must demonstrate at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- EMBA applicants will be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission decision can be made.
To schedule an appointment to take the GMAT exam, please go
The GMAT exam is administered in El Paso by Pearson Professional Center at 1155 Westmoreland Dr. Suite 135.