Congrats future UTEP Alum, you are almost at the finish line! Here's what you need to do to apply for graduation, attend commencement and receive your degree.
Additional resources are available at alumni.utep.edu/gradfair.
How to Apply for Graduation
Step 1: Click here to fill out the Undergraduate Graduation Application. Graduate students must contact their respective departments for details.
Step 2: Email your completed Graduation Application to email@example.com. All applications must have an original signature (signed by hand) and be dated. No printed/digital signatures will be accepted.
- BMS students must submit a term paper (minimum of five pages) or final project (such as a PowerPoint presentation, a portfolio, a report, or a poster) that was completed in an Upper Division-level (33XX or 43XX) course, which they feel represents their best work in the program. The term paper/final project should be turned in to UTEP Connect via email, identifying the course and instructor who assigned the paper/project, along with the course syllabus or instruction sheet explaining the term paper/project guidelines.
- Chicano Studies students must submit a term paper (eight to ten pages) from a Chicano Studies course, or a minimum of eight pages of individual writing assignments with a grade of B or better from various Chicano Studies courses. The term paper or writing assignments should be turned in to UTEP Connect identifying the course(s) and instructor(s) who assigned the writing project.
Step 3: Once your graduation application and supplemental documents (if applicable) are received, UTEP Connect will forward your application packet to the respective College Dean’s Office. This process can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Note: When you see a fee of $35.00 or a late fee of $50.00 assessed to your account then your application has been processed.
Due dates for graduation applications due dates are posted on the Registration and Records website.
Download and review the pdf below for more information.
After you are cleared for graduation
- Clear all pending holds. If you have received a student loan, you must complete the Exit Survey at studentloans.gov
- Check your student Miners email account regularly as information from UTEP Registration and Records and Commencement will be sent only via email. Please respond to those emails requiring a response.
- Determine if you qualify for Academic Honors. To qualify for Academic Honors you must have earned 60+ hours and have a minimum GPA of:
3.5 (Cum Laude)
3.8 (Magna Cum Laude)
3.9 (Summa Cum Laude)
Please contact the College of Liberal Arts Dean’s Office for more information at 915-747-5666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase your cap, gown, etc. at the UTEP Bookstore.
- RSVP and learn more about the ceremony on the Commencement website.
All graduate students must contact their respective departments for details and fill out an application for graduation.
- Application for graduation for master's degree students
- Application for graduation for graduate certificate students