Newly Admitted Students
Now that you have completed your applications for admissions and financial aid, you must familiarize yourself with the tools that will keep you up-to-date and help you follow-up on your application. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Make sure you have uninterrupted access to a computer and reliable internet.
- Make a note of your student ID number. You will need this to get quick and and accurate information regarding your account.
- Ensure that you have your student account set up. Your Student Account is the way in which you can stay informed and gives you access to the following important tools:
- MyStatus: Use this to view your Financial Aid Status, Admission Status, as well as your Holds.
- My.utep.edu aka Goldmine: Use this to register for your classes, accept your financial aid awards, view your degree evaluations, and access the UTEP Bookstore for a list of course-specific books
- Email: Use this in conjunction with your Blackboard email to keep in touch with your professors, classmates, and UTEP departments
- MyApps: Use this to access various software programs the University offers to students through VPN.
- Text Opt-In/Miner Alerts: Opting in will allow UTEP’s various departments to contact you via text.