How to Apply
The path to filling out and submitting your application depends on various factors: are you an international or military student? Are you applying to a graduate or undergraduate program?
Once you have determined this information, you may proceed with the application process. Clicking on the button below or on the image to the right will give you a visual depiction of your path. process.
Or, scroll down and click on the tab below that pertains to you to get started.
Undergraduate or Graduate?
Note: You are considered a transfer student if you have 12 or more transferable credits from another college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Go to ApplyTexas and complete an application. Apply Texas is moving so follow the steps below, depending on when you want to start:
- Request to have your official transcripts sent to UTEP (see instructions here).
- If you are an international student, pay the $65 application fee.
- Arrange to take tests if needed.
- Go to the UTEP Graduate School website and complete an application.
- Request to have your official transcripts sent to UTEP (see Documents and Transcripts for details)
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee for graduate students ($45 for U.S. citizens or permanent residents/Mexican nationals; $80 for international applicants).
- If applicable, submit official GRE/MAT scores, a statement of purpose and letters of recommendation.