ADA Parking Information
Possession of state placard
UTEP Parking Permit
UTEP requires disabled persons (students, faculty, staff) to obtain and display two verified credentials to park in the ADA spaces on campus:
- A state-issued plate or placard registered to the UTEP affiliated driver or occupant (i.e., faculty, staff, student). Ownership of the credential(s) must be verifiable with DMV.
- A paid UTEP student, faculty/staff, or short-term parking permit. Hourly meters count as a short-term parking permit.
DV Parking Information
UTEP requires Disabled Veterans (students, faculty, staff) to obtain and display two verified credentials to park in the ADA spaces on campus:
- A state-issued plate with ISA (International Symbol of Access) symbol or a state-issued plate and placard registered to the UTEP affiliated driver or occupant (i.e., faculty, staff, student). Ownership of the credential(s) must be verifiable with DMV.
- A complimentary UTEP student or faculty/staff parking permit.
UTEP requires individuals to obtain and display two verified credentials to drop off & pickup individuals with disabilities (students, faculty, staff) on the inner campus:
- A state-issued placard or plate registered to the UTEP affiliated vehicle occupant (i.e., faculty, staff, student). Ownership of the credential(s) must be verifiable with DMV.
- A complimentary UTEP student or faculty/staff drop off & pickup permit.
- UTEP student Disabled Veteran license plate owners WITHOUT the ISA (International Symbol of Access) or a state-issued placard will be issued a complimentary UTEP parking permit after ownership verification with DMV for Perimeter, Silver, Remote, Schuster or Sun Bowl parking garages locations only. UTEP students are not allowed to park or access inner campus 7am-5pm without the appropriate ADA parking credentials.
- Faculty/staff Disabled Veteran license plate owners WITHOUT the ISA (International Symbol of Access) or a state-issued placard will be issued a complimentary UTEP parking permit after ownership verification with DMV for any employee parking permit location based on availability.
Obtaining a UTEP Parking permit
To initiate your UTEP parking permit purchase, please submit form – ADA parking credentials or DV parking credentials on the parking portal by clicking on “submit forms” and attach your credential photos (i.e., state issued license plate, state issued placard).
The disabled person to whom the State-issued parking privileges have been issued must be present in any car entering the campus which displays the disabled identification devices.
Designated ADA spaces may only be used by individuals who have met the requirements of State law and whose vehicles display the proper State issued identification device along with a UTEP parking permit. Individuals with authorized ADA parking privileges may park in any spaces where parking is appropriate but may not park in a restricted or prohibited area such as yellow zone/fire lane, tow-away, or marked reserved space.
All individuals with disabilities requesting to park in UTEP ADA parking spaces are asked to register their vehicles on campus to avoid delays at the entrance gates and to assist the University in assessment of the need for disabled parking spaces.
Accessible parking located in surface parking areas, require both a UTEP parking permit, as well as a State Disabled placard and/or license plate. Accessible parking located in parking garages, requires the appropriate garage permit or payment of short term parking fees.
The ADA hangtag or disabled license plate must be issued in the name of the eligible person utilizing the vehicle parked in an ADA space. ADA placards, driver’s license identification card and similar information must be provided upon request of University Parking or Police personnel to demonstrate proof of eligibility for ADA parking privileges.
For student ADA questions please contact the Center for Accommodations and Support Services (CASS) at (915) 747-5148 voice/TTY, or through email at email@example.com.
UTEP Faculty and Staff with ADA related questions may contact the University’s Equal Opportunity Office at (915) 747-5662.
The University does not currently provide paratransit services within the campus. However, the City of El Paso’s public transit provider, Sun Metro, does provide point to point paratransit service from outside the campus onto the UTEP campus. The Sun Metro LIFT customer service line is (915) 212-0100.
Project Amistad provides door-to-door paratransit services through its New Freedom transportation program for residents of El Paso County. Advance registration is required. For information, please visit their website, or call (915) 298-7307.
For additional information concerning the Miner Metro Shuttles ADA services, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at (915) 747-5800 (915)747-5724.