Looking to recruit a diverse pool of talent for internship or professional/full-time positions? Let the University Career Center assist you in planning, scheduling, and promoting your recruitment events.
We can assist you with informing candidates, managing your interview schedule(s), coordinating your interviews (in person or virtual), and hosting you on the University campus.
We have transitioned from Job Mine to Handshake! Handshake is a technology platform that connects college students and young professionals with potential employers, primarily for internships and entry-level job opportunities. It provides a platform for students to create profiles, search and apply for job openings, and connect with employers. Employers can use Handshake to post job openings, review applicant profiles, and connect with potential candidates. If you want to get started today, create your Handshake account here.
Creating Your Account:
Once you create a company page, it will undergo an approval process with Handshake. When approved, search for “University of Texas at El Paso” to connect with us and have access to post jobs and participate in other engagement opportunities.
- Instructional Guide
- How to post a job/internship
- How to create an event
- How to request an interview
- How to register for a Career Fair
Please reach out to a member of the Employer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options that may work best for your organization.
Join Handshake Trainings for External Employers to learn about the platform's features and capabilities.
- Mon., Sept. 11th | 2 - 3PM (MST)
- Tues., Oct. 10th | 10 - 11AM (MST)
- Tues. Nov. 7 | 10-11AM (MST)
- Tues., Dec. 12th | 10 - 11AM (MST)
Zoom Meeting ID: 881 8213 1494
*For EXTERNAL Employers only.
Employer events are a great way for your organization to connect with UTEP students.
- Information tables
- Information sessions/presentations
- Educational workshops (i.e. résumé review clinics, mock interviews)
- Industry panels
Please submit your event request via HandShake or reach out to a member of the Employer Relations team at email@example.com to discuss the options that may work best for your organization.
Submitting an Event Request
To request our event online follow the steps below:
- Log into your Handshake account.
- Click “Create an Event” on your profile.
- Fill in event details.
- Once you have filled in all the event details, please save your event.
- Our Career Center will then revise your event request and will approve or deny your request.
* Please allow 3-5 business days for our team to review your request.
Advanced planning helps us to properly publicize your visit, allow at least three to four weeks notice prior to your visit.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Handshake support to create an event.