We look forward to collaborating with you in meeting the needs of our students. The University Career Center's goals, as it pertains to faculty engagement, are to:
- Keep you informed of employers visiting campus
- Provide you with salary survey information
- Be available to you for class presentations on career-related topics (online)
- Offer you career-related materials to supplement your course
- Serve as the point of contact when you are contacted by an outside employer
We encourage you to refer students to the University Career Center for assistance in any of the following areas: finding an on-campus job (currently working remotely), internship, researching a career path, or applying to graduate or professional school.
Resources for Faculty
Are you overseeing an internship in the times of COVID? Here are some resources for you - Guide (PDF).
- You may also be interested in using a number of our sample documents.
- Connect a student to their designated career center professional staff member
- View employers recruiting on campus this week.
- Direct students to our online job listing portal, called Job Mine.
- Encourage your students to attend any one of our career/job fairs to conduct informational interviews, find out what majors employers hire, or to start asking about requirements to secure an internship.
Don’t Cancel That Class!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
If you are anticipating being out of town for a conference or off-site work event (even if only online), don’t cancel your class – rather, invite the University Career Center to be your guest speaker for the day. We will provide a 45 or 60-minute career-readiness workshop while you are away.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select the workshop you would like us to conduct from the list below and email Claudia P. Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Date/time of presentation
- Room number/Location - or Platform used and link
- The topic you would like us to cover
- Number of students in your class
2. We require a minimum of five business days advance notice/request. For classes/presentations after 5:00 pm, we require seven business days’ notice in advance.
3. All workshops are approximately 45 minutes long (we can extend it to 90 minutes).
4. When a presenter comes to class, they will take attendance, and we can provide you with this information.