Summer Aid 2023
Enroll today in Summer classes!
It’s affordable for most students*…
Step #1 – Register and enroll in summer 2023 classes that are a part of your Degree Plan
Step #2 – Complete a 2022-2023 FAFSA
It is highly recommended that all students also complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA to be eligible for financial aid in fall 2023!
Step #3 – Wait for an Award Notification to be sent to your UTEP email address.
Financial support for students attending Summer term:
To assist students with paying for Summer 2023, UTEP is offering its traditional Summer Grant on a first-come, first-served basis. If students are Texas residents and deemed eligible, this grant program will help pay for tuition and mandatory fees. Students must enroll in at least 6 credit hours to be eligible for summer grants and Federal student loans.
* Only undergraduate students are eligible for summer grant assistance. International and DACA students are not eligible for Federal financial aid.
Summer Aid Requirements:
- Have a FAFSA on file for the current 2022-2023 school year at the time of summer enrollment (UTEP’s school code: 003661).
- Be admitted into a degree-seeking program.
- All requested/pending financial aid documents, if any, will need to be submitted to complete your financial aid file.
- Meet all requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students who are visiting UTEP for summer and admitted under a “transient” status are not eligible to receive financial aid in the summer, but can apply for institutional Tuition Loans.
- The Paydirt Promise Program and the TEXAS Grant are not available for the summer terms.
- Students must officially withdraw prior to the first day of class if the student chooses not to attend the Summer session.
- Students should sign up for Direct Deposit, in case you are eligible to receive a refund, the funds can be transferred directly to your checking or savings account.
- Summer Consortium Agreements are NOT available during the summer term. Please be advised; however, that if a REQUIRED course listed in your Degree Plan is NOT being offered during the summer term at UTEP, but is being offered at EPCC during this summer, on a case-by-case basis, assistance may be provided. Please contact Ms. Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal School Code: 003661