Summer Aid 2021
Enroll today for Summer 2021!
It’s affordable for almost everyone…*
Step #1 – Register and enroll in summer classes that are a part of your Degree Plan
Step #2 – Complete a 2020-2021 FAFSA
It is highly recommended that all students also complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA to be eligible for financial aid in fall 2021!
Step #3 – Wait for an Award Notification to be sent to your UTEP email address.
Financial support for students attending Summer term:
To assist students with paying for Summer 2021, UTEP is offering its traditional Summer Grant on a first-come, first-served basis. If students are Texas residents and deemed eligible, this grant program will help pay for tuition and mandatory fees. Please be sure to enroll in at least 6 credit hours to maximize eligibility for other financial aid grants and Federal student loans.
* International and DACA students are not eligible for Federal financial assistance.
Summer Aid Requirements:
- Have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year 2020-2021 or complete one before June 30th (UTEP’s school code: 003661).
- Be admitted into a degree-seeking program.
- All requested/pending financial aid documents, if any, will need to be submitted to complete your financial aid file.
- Meet all requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students who are visiting UTEP for summer and admitted under a “transient” status are not eligible to receive financial aid in the summer, but can apply for institutional Tuition Loans.
- The Paydirt Promise and the Texas Grant are not available for the summer terms.
- Students must officially withdraw prior to the first day of class if they choose not to attend the Summer session.
- Students should sign up for Direct Deposit: Don’t wait for a check to come in the mail… sign up for direct deposit in case you are eligible to receive a refund so that funds can be transferred directly to your checking or savings account.
- Summer Consortium Agreements will NOT be available during the summer term. Please be advised; however, that if a REQUIRED course listed in your Degree Plan is NOT being offered during the summer term at UTEP, but is being offered at EPCC during this summer, on a case-by-case basis, assistance may be provided. Please contact Ms. Riddle at email@example.com.
Federal School Code: 003661