Summer Aid 2020
Due to the unprecedented situation regarding COVID-19, please note that all Maymester courses will be online and we anticipate that many of the summer term courses will also be offered only online.
To assist students with paying for summer 2020, UTEP is offering a similar grant program to the Paydirt Promise for undergraduate students awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Like the Paydirt Promise, if students are deemed eligible, this grant program covers full tuition and mandatory fees. Please be sure to enroll in 6+ credit hours or more so that your eligibility for this financial assistance can be determined.
Summer registration began March 30, 2020. Awarding for summer financial aid will begin in early April and students will need to be registered and enrolled for summer courses to be considered for summer aid. Please be sure that you only enroll in classes which are part of your degree plan.
To maximize eligibility for other grants and federal student loans, all students are encouraged to register half-time or more (undergraduate 6+ credit hours and graduate students 4.5+ credits). Students who are planning to enroll in summer sessions should be aware of UTEP’s requirements for awarding financial assistance.
Summer Aid Requirements:
- Have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year 2019-2020 or complete one before June 30th (UTEP’s school code: 003661).
- It is highly recommended that all undergraduate students also complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA.
- Be admitted into a degree-seeking program.
- All requested/pending financial aid documents, if any, will need to be submitted to complete your financial aid file.
- Meet all requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students who are visiting UTEP for summer and admitted under a “transient” status are not eligible to receive financial aid in the summer, but can apply for institutional Tuition Loans.
- The Paydirt Promise and the Texas Grant are not available for the summer terms.
- Financial aid awards are based on eligibility and availability of funds on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A notification will be emailed to the student via their UTEP E-mail regarding the student’s summer aid eligibility.
- Summer awards are based on remaining aid eligibility (if not utilized during the fall/spring).
- Student classification and summer cost of attendance are also considered.
- Summer awards will need to be accepted by the student in Goldmine.
- Be aware of the Summer Tuition Deadline Dates listed below and found on the Student Business Services’ website.
- Maymester: Students who are enrolled in Maymester must make payment arrangements with Student Business Services as financial aid will not disburse in time for the payment deadline. Students enrolled in Maymester may consider applying for a Tuition Loan.
- Be advised that students need to pay tuition and fees or make payment arrangements prior to tuition payment deadlines. Students may consider the Tuition Loan and/or Book Loan.
- Students must officially withdraw prior to the first day of class if they choose not to attend the summer session.
- Students should sign up for Direct Deposit: Don’t wait for a check to come in the mail… sign up for direct deposit in case you are eligible to receive a refund so that funds can be transferred directly to your checking or savings account.
- Summer Consortium Agreements will NOT be available this summer due to the unprecedented circumstances regarding COVID-19. Please be advised, however, that if a REQUIRED course listed in your Degree Plan is NOT being offered during the upcoming summer term at UTEP, but is being offered at EPCC during this summer, on a case-by-case basis, assistance may be provided. Please contact Ms. Nguyen at email@example.com
- Notification of summer awards: begins early April 2020
- Summer invoices emailed to student: April 27,2020
- Pete’s Payment Options Payment Plans available: May 1, 2020
- Students may apply for a Tuition Loan and/or Book Loan: May 4, 2020
- Last day to accept a federal student loan(s): July 20, 2020
Federal School Code: 003661