Paying For School
International students must show that they can afford to attend the university. Immediately after applying for admission, all students must complete the Confirmation of Financial Resources (CFR). Mexican nationals may also wish to apply for the PASE program. See links below for the CFR & PASE forms. After CFR or PASE/CFR approval, students will be issued their documents to apply for a visa.
Outside sources of income for international students are very limited. Students must search for them on their own and pay close attention to citizenship requirements before applying. To assist you in your search, we suggest that you check UTEP’s Scholarship Office frequently. We have also listed a few scholarships below that are designed especially for international students. Another site with detailed information regarding funding for international students can found at eduPASS.
- Office of Scholarships
- ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program
- Frank & Polly Ann Morrow Award
- Good Neighbor Scholarship
- Florence Terry Griswold Scholarship
- OAS: Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund
- P.E.O International
- Pan American Round Table of El Paso Scholarship
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Organization of American States